Welcome to Vintage Keys Studio
Vintage Keys is a Music Production Company and Recording Studio in Lockerley, near Romsey, Hampshire. It is owned and operated by multi-skilled Musician, Composer and Sound Engineer Steve Christie (BA Mus). Steve was trained at Air Studios in London in the mid 1990s, learning the trade from the likes of George Martin and Tony Visconti, and working for artists including Elton John, Hans Zimmer and Mark Knopfler.
Utilising our trusted portfolio of Session Musicians, Composers, Arrangers, Sound Engineers and Producers we provide session recording services for customers worldwide. Our specialisms include Live Grand Piano recording, using our beautiful 1911 Steinway A Grand and 1920 Leutke Baby Grand, Vintage electronic keyboard instruments, Vocals and Drum recording.
We are able to accommodate bands and medium-sized ensembles live in our studio with 500 sq ft for floor space. Our recording area has a beautifully warm and natural sounding acoustic, perfect for all kinds of recordings. We have moveable acoustic baffles and screens to isolate sounds for close recording work. For larger projects we provide a location recording service and have access to several local buildings and halls for recordings.
While we possess the most hi-tech sound processing via our Logic Pro X / Mac based system, we use mainly analog and acoustic equipment for effects and dynamic processing. Our recordings are made using Class A Pre-amps made by Neve and Antelope Audio. For a full Tech Spec list, please see our STUDIO page.
Vintage Keys Studio is also home to one of the largest working collections of early electronic instruments in the world. We have original, working examples of such rarities as a 1956 Georges Jenny ‘Ondioline’, a valve-based monosynth. For a full list of our musical instruments please visit our INSTRUMENTS pages.
Recent Blog Posts
- May 9, 2019 Louisa Revolta Album Recording with Producer Matt Glasspool May 9, 2019
- May 9, 2019 Winchester Songwriting Clinic @ The Railway Inn May 9, 2019
- May 7, 2019 Don Shinn at Southampton Recording Studio, Vintage Keys May 7, 2019
- May 6, 2019 Repairing a Vortexion WVA May 6, 2019
- May 6, 2019 Recording Louisa Revolta's Songs For My Granma May 6, 2019
- Jan 22, 2019 Recording Heroes of the Modern World Demo Jan 22, 2019
- Jul 31, 2018 Children's Television Themes From A Parallel Dimension Jul 31, 2018